Promoting a safer church
The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the church.
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk.
For our full Safeguarding Policy please follow this link.
If you are concerned
that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
Local contacts available to speak to if you have any concerns:
- Church Safeguarding Officer: Mrs Susan Hazell.
- Tel: 01844 215037 Email: email@example.com
- Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser: Stuart Nimmo.
- Tel: 01865 208290 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Local Authority Social Services
- Tel: 0345 050 7666
If there is immediate risk or danger please contact the policy on 101